Just checked out the Nexus 9 at Best Buy. They don't have it in stock at the Austin location on 183/360. Will likely end up getting it, along with a Samsung Gear Live.
Gawker gossip is so funny, it's not even funny.
Checking out Vagrant. Looks awesome. I remember a talk about this at WordCamp Austin 2014, but it was way over my head at the time. Laracasts, lynda.com and online guides should get me up to speed.
I want to make an app for this. https://developers.google.com/fit/challenge/
It seems like all my free time (time off work) is dedicated to playing around with Android application development. It's awesome. Today I read a bunch of AndroidHive.info, watched the Google Developer's YouTube Channel and integrated Picasso into an app I am building. Future goals:
- Work on Android apps full-time.
- Build a Glass app.
- Work on Chromecast / Nexus Player apps.
- Ship dozens of pixel-perfect, RESTful apps using Volley, Laravel / Laravel Forge as a starting point.
- Deploy apps using Google App Engine and other Google Cloud Services.
- Integrate Google Play services into apps, including Google Maps and the new GPS locating API.
- Android Auto app.
Goot is an awesome artist.
Its so cool that I can post from my bed. WordPress app.
I love it when I discover a new song. Last night I discovered "Inspector Norse" by "Todd Terje." A nice, upbeat song.
- Google Drive
- Sublime Text
- Android Studio
- Android application development
- Google Play
- Yoast SEO
- Photoshop CC 2014
- Illustrator CC 2015
- Premiere Pro
- After Effects
- Adobe Media Encoder
- Wamp Server
- Intel i7 4th Gen
Random facts about me:
- I went to WordCamp 2014. I really love WordPress.
- This site is currently hosted with Flywheel. I used to use Rackspace, but I kept having problems. Flywheel isn't bad.
- I once won first place in a Texas State piano competition. I played Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody #10, and the Hydan Sonata in C major.
- I don't play music anymore.
- I love Katy Perry, Usher, Ariana Grande, Calvin Harris, Maroon 5, Pharrell Williams, and many other artists.
- Applause by Lady Gaga used to be my favorite song. Then it was Birthday by Katy Perry. Now I don't know what my favorite song is.
- I have watched more than 260 hours of lynda.com training. And most of that was from the past 12 months.
- I also pay for Laracasts and Treehouse. I'm thinking about signing up for pluralsight.com as well.
- I love online training.
- I spend most of my time at the computer.
- I love building Android apps.
- I am constantly on Twitter.
- I read every tweet in my timeline.
- I probably listen to music for 3-4 hours per day.
- I pay for Google Play Music All Access. One of the best $10/mo. I pay for. Definitely.
- Right now I'm listening to Maps by Maroon 5. It's a great song.
- I love my Nexus 7.
- I work as a software engineer at Ingram Technologies. You can see the website I built (with WordPress) at http://www.ingramt.com/
- I have a Samsung Galaxy S4.
- I'm thinking about getting the Nexus 9.
- When March comes 2015 comes around, I'll probably upgrade to the Nexus 6. I'm definitely an Android person.
- I love Android Studio.
- I love watching TV shows on Netflix.
- I've watched these shows on Netflix from beginning to end: House of Cards, Breaking Bad, The Office, Lost, Orange is the New Black, Dexter.
- I have always lived in Northwest Austin, Texas.
- If I could only read one thing for the rest of my life, it would be the New York Times.
- I use Feedly. I read it every single day. Tuts+ Code, Smashing Magazine, ReadWrite, and more.
- My twitter handle is @DanielMalone - I tweet every day. Just about.